Information Technology Administrator
Western Climate Initiative, Inc. (WCI, Inc.) is a non-profit corporation formed to provide cost-effective technical and administrative solutions for supporting the coordinated development and implementation of our Participating Jurisdictions’ greenhouse gas emissions trading programs. Emissions trading is a cost-effective way to tackle climate change as it incentivizes innovative technology and economic growth while improving quality of life and promoting investments in clean, affordable energy. Through major technology investments, we enable the Participating Jurisdictions to build, use and maintain secure, reliable, and flexible IT systems critical in our shared work.
WCI, Inc. is seeking an Information Technology (IT) Administrator to maintain its operational and program related systems. The IT Administrator understands problems and opportunities to support WCI, Inc. and its Participating Jurisdictions and recommends solutions that enable WCI, Inc. and its partners to achieve their goals. The IT Administrator reports directly to the Chief Technology Officer.
- Act as liaison for the technical team, the program team and the administrative team to ensure optimal operations of all IT systems.
- Act as incident management lead during outages/crises.
- Administer and monitor daily and monthly computer operating systems.
- Set up accounts and employee devices/workstations.
- Monitor & maintain IT systems, tools and platforms.
- Upgrade systems, tools and platforms with new patches or releases.
- Ensure that backups are taken for all systems and company data.
- Ensure security through vulnerability management, patch management, access controls, backups and firewalls.
- Design, implement and ensure efficient maintenance and ensure compliance to all disaster recovery plans.
- Establish or update processes, procedures & documentation where needed as part of driving continuous improvements.
- Ensure IT processes and procedures are followed by team members e.g. change and incident management processes.
- Ensure regular communication to Senior Management concerning projects, risks, concerns, problems, and needs.
- Keep abreast of new support tools, hardware, software, and technology and make recommendations for future deployment.
- Maintain and support WCI, Inc. web properties.
- Provide budget estimates for annual planning that takes into account equipment currency and the outputs of forward-looking capacity planning.
- Perform other relevant tasks as assigned by the Project Managers, WCI, Inc. Executive Director and/or WCI, Inc. Assistant Executive Director.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems/Technology, Business Administration or equivalent job experience.
- Possess strong analytical and oral communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills; able to collaborate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Skilled with examining and re-engineering operational procedures, formulating policies, and developing/implementing new strategies.
- Strong working knowledge of system security and data backup/recovery
- Strong working knowledge of Confluence, JIRA, WebEx and other collaborative solutions to support the organization.
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office product suite (MS Office and 365, MS Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Access and MS Project) as well as Microsoft Azure ecosystem and administration.
- Ability to work with teams that are local, distributed and offsite.
- Must have strong customer focused skills. Possesses a service and solution-oriented approach.
- Must be flexible and able to multi-task, while responding to changing demands.
- Driven by a desire for continuous improvement.
- Must be enthusiastic, communicative and eager to learn.
- Open to flexible work conditions to ensure the availability of services and the timely delivery of solutions.
- Ability to share knowledge and collaborate by developing content and documentation for distribution to other team members, managers and customers.
- Proficient at analyzing, building and presenting proposals for technical solutions that solve business problems.
- Motivated to respond quickly to emergency and business impacting situations.
- Ability to handle pressure situations with clarity, focus and professionalism.
- Fully proficient in English, in a professional IT environment.
At the direction of the Executive Director or the Chief Technology Officer, the IT Administrator may need to travel for specific and well-defined business purposes.
About This Position
This is a full-time salary position that may be located in Sacramento, California.
WCI, Inc. offers competitive salaries and benefits commensurate with qualifications and professional experience and is committed to equal employment opportunity.
For more information, visit https://wci-inc.org/ and https://wci-inc.org/about-us/careers.