Western Climate Initiative, Inc. (WCI, Inc.) provides cost-effective technical and administrative solutions to support the development and implementation of our Participating Jurisdictions’ greenhouse gas emissions trading programs. Emissions trading is an approach to tackle climate change as it incentivizes innovative technology and economic growth while improving quality of life and promoting investments in clean, affordable energy. Through major technology investments, we enable the Participating Jurisdictions to build, use and maintain secure, reliable, and flexible IT systems.
WCI, Inc. is seeking a User Experience (UX) Specialist to build a UX Team of One to lead the design of the user interface (UI) of our platforms. We are looking for a member who asks a lot of questions, wants to create an incredible UX rather than interfaces, has an intuitive understanding of the user-centric design, with a good background in web platforms and information architecture.
- Be a UX Team of One.
- Collaborate with internal and external project team members to develop business requirements, use cases, and performance metrics.
- Set and document the vision for the UX, serving as a client advocate to ensure the highest level of usefulness, desirability and client satisfaction.
- Design and execute usability studies and other user research, utilizing their broad knowledge of UX and methodological expertise.
- Design prototypes, screen mockups and wireframes based on the results of usability testing and customer feedback.
- Develop business process workflows and UI to meet strategic objectives and performance/optimization criteria.
- Design UX metrics to measure the development of the solution and track the impact of design changes on UX.
- Communicate analysis, recommendations and potential design solutions verbally and through documentation to the project team and development team.
- Develop content for presentations for UI/UX business opportunities.
- Collaborate with Participating Jurisdictions, project team and development team to define and improve the UX.
- Advocates for the end user by influencing decisions to ensure that product and design decisions are aligned with user requirements and expectations.
- Develop and optimize information architecture to promote usability.
- Prioritize roadmap items and product feature requests to UX domain.
- Support product development strategy and direction.
- Organize and lead user testing and other user-facing activities to validate the design, interaction and content.
- Ensure solutions are accessible and intuitive.
- Prepare and submit reports on UX results.
- Stay on top of new trends in usability.
- Research best practices in Web and desktop application design.
- Maintain database on research.
- Mentor and advise project team members with any UI/UX related request/project.
- Perform other relevant tasks as assigned by the management team.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in design, human computer interaction or a related field or equivalent job experience.
- 5+ years of UX experience using UX design best practices to design solutions.
- Expertise in design thinking, conceptualization, user research, customer journeys, personas, prototyping, visual design, communication and managing UX projects.
- Deep understanding of best practices, design patters, front end and backend, optimization and performance analysis.
- Proactive self-started who is comfortable working in a highly collaborative environment with project teams from diverse backgrounds in different geographic locations.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with solid analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Demonstrated experience assembling, organizing, and analyzing information, extracting insights, and communicating findings to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple time-sensitive projects and adapt when priorities change.
- Ability to use and adapt to changing technology trends.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office product suite (MS Office and 365, MS Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint, Access) as well as Jira and Confluence.
- Must have strong customer focused skills. Possesses a service and solution-oriented approach.
- Motivated to respond quickly to project emergencies.
- Fully proficient in English, in a professional IT environment.
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete UX that meet client needs and vision.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation.
- Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
The UX Specialist may need to travel for specific and well-defined business purposes.
About This Position
This is a full-time salary position that may be located in Sacramento, California (headquarter) or Quebec City, Quebec (satellite office).
WCI, Inc. offers competitive salaries and benefits commensurate with qualifications and professional experience and is committed to equal employment opportunity.
For more information, visit our Website and Careers Page.