Western Climate Initiative, Inc.’s (WCI, Inc.) provides cost-effective technical and administrative solutions to support the development and implementation of our Participating Jurisdictions’ greenhouse gas emissions trading programs. Emissions trading is an approach to tackle climate change as it incentivizes innovative technology and economic growth while improving quality of life and promoting investments in clean, affordable energy. Through major technology investments, we enable the Participating Jurisdictions to build, use and maintain secure, reliable, and flexible IT systems.
WCI, Inc. is seeking an Accounting and Administrative Specialist to maintain the internal administrative systems that support the activities of the corporation. The Accounting and Administrative Specialist reports to the Assistant Executive Director and works closely with other WCI, Inc. staff and contractors to support and coordinate the efficiency of day to day business operations.
- Manage payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, revenue recognition, accruals, and monthly close of accounting records, and all other bookkeeping activities.
- Capture and monitor spending, and support the preparation, review and analysis of monthly and quarterly financial reports.
- Support the preparation of the annual budget.
- Support the annual audit process and the organizations' CPA firms in the preparation of the tax returns and filings.
- Human Resources
- Coordinate benefits administration, including the Open Enrollment process, and acting as the liaison with all benefit administrators and vendors.
- Support new employee recruitment, onboarding, orientation, cross-training and offboarding.
- Support the development of the organization's human resources and talent management, including enhancing professional development and performance evaluation.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail, and manage corporate records to support operations.
- Prepare and file forms with various agencies, and coordinate with administrative service providers to support delivery of accounting, payroll, insurance, office space, auditing, teleconference, and other services.
- Monitor inventory and purchase office supplies.
- Technical writing support for internal and external communications.
- Support compliance with Corporate Policies (e.g. Retention of Business Records Policy, Accounting Policies and Procedures, etc.) and other operating procedure.
- Make travel arrangements, answer phones, schedule meetings, trainings and events, as needed.
- Track status of daily operations, prepare and maintain logs, operations documents and reports for senior management.
- Perform other relevant tasks as assigned.
- Board and Committees Support – Assist the Executive Director and Assistant Executive Director with duties, logistics and projects related to Board and Committee meetings in compliance with corporate policies.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent job experience in office management or an administrative role. Additional courses in Business Writing is advantageous.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with solid analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Versatile skill set to support a variety of different business functions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; proactive self-started who is comfortable working in a highly collaborative environment with people from diverse backgrounds working remotely or in different geographic locations.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills; able to present and provide project updates to the team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office product suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, etc.), with QuickBooks or other accounting, reporting/dashboarding, project management and collaborative software (e.g. SharePoint, Jira and Confluence).
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple time-sensitive deadlines, to be flexible and to adapt when priorities change, and to anticipate, communicate and mitigate potential issues or risks in a timely way.
- Must have strong customer focused skills, demonstrate continuous adherence to work-place rules and corporate policies and possess a service and solution-oriented approach.
- Must be enthusiastic, communicative, eager to learn and driven by a desire for continuous improvement.
- Ability to share knowledge and collaborate by developing content and documentation for distribution to other team members and managers.
- Fully proficient in English, in a professional environment.
- (Optional) Proficiency in French or Spanish are advantageous.
About This Position
This is a full-time salary position that may be located in Sacramento, California (headquarter) or Quebec City, Quebec (Satellite office).
WCI, Inc. offers competitive salaries and benefits commensurate with qualifications and professional experience and is committed to equal employment opportunity.
For more information, visit our Website and Careers Page.