Western Climate Initiative, Inc. (WCI, Inc.) provides cost-effective technical and administrative solutions to support the development and implementation of our Participating Jurisdictions’ greenhouse gas emissions trading programs. Emissions trading is an approach to tackle climate change as it incentivizes innovative technology and economic growth while improving quality of life and promoting investments in clean, affordable energy. Through major technology investments, we enable the Participating Jurisdictions to build, use and maintain secure, reliable, and flexible IT systems.
WCI, Inc. is seeking a qualified DevOps Specialist to provide infrastructure management and monitoring expertise, to set up a continuous integration/delivery pipeline as well as to facilitate, monitor and review software development/automation operations.
- Work independently and collaboratively to set up continuous build environment to facilitate and accelerate software development as well as deployment.
- Champion DevSecOps principles and practices.
- Plan, test and implement infrastructure and appropriate environments.
- Provide guidance and infrastructure support to software development teams.
- Monitor, review, streamline and improve technical operations.
- Monitor and inspect automation, version control and security across the pipeline.
- Recognize areas of improvement in the development / deployment lifecycle and recommend action plans.
- Identifies opportunities and recommend approaches that will increase the business value of data.
- Maintain user and role management in AWS, database and DevOps tools.
- Build and troubleshoot CICD pipelines.
- Monitor and maintain application stability.
- Troubleshoot and identify application issues.
- Build IACC code to provision Cloud resources.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field.
- Solid knowledge of cloud-based environments, especially AWS.
- Hands-on experience implementing Continuous Integration & Delivery.
- 3+ years of experience on 24x7 cloud or SaaS operations team.
- 3+ years of experience managing and monitoring infrastructure.
- 3+ years of experience with infrastructure automation / DevOps tools.
- Working knowledge in AWS code pipeline and AWS CFT.
- Expertise in software process automation.
- Excellent understanding of Security as part of DevOps.
- Demonstrable experience with operating environments /scripting languages.
- Working knowledge in serverless platform.
- DevOps certifications (AWS/Config Management tools or similar cloud platforms)
- Experience working with governmental agencies.
- At the direction of the Chief Technology Officer, the DevOps Specialist may need to travel for specific and well-defined business purposes.
About This Position
- This is a full-time salary position that may be located in Sacramento, California.
- WCI, Inc. offers competitive salaries and benefits commensurate with qualifications and professional experience and is committed to equal employment opportunity.
- For more information, visit our Website and Careers Page.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, including a summary of qualifications, and a resume in English in PDF format.