Western Climate Initiative, Inc. (WCI, Inc.) provides cost-effective technical and administrative solutions to support the development and implementation of our Participating Jurisdictions’ greenhouse gas emissions trading programs. Emissions trading is an approach to tackle climate change as it incentivizes innovative technology and economic growth while improving quality of life and promoting investments in clean, affordable energy. Through major technology investments, we enable the Participating Jurisdictions to build, use and maintain secure, reliable, and flexible IT systems.
WCI, Inc. is seeking an Information Technology (IT) Project Manager to plan, organize, manage, monitor, and coordinate the execution of assigned projects. The IT Project Manager is the primary liaison between the internal project team, the Participating Jurisdictions, and any external third-party service providers. They are accountable for the successful delivery of all phases of the software development life cycle including requirement gathering, planning, design, development, testing, release, and transition to operations of assigned projects.
- Facilitate planning sessions with internal stakeholders and service providers to define project scope and determine objectives and success factors.
- Plan, sequence, and schedule projects.
- Collaborate with internal and external project team members to develop business requirements, use cases, and performance metrics.
- Assist the IT Business Analysts to develop User Acceptance Testing (UAT) test plan.
- Establish communication plans to track and communicate project progress to stakeholders.
- Prepare and submit reports on project progress.
- Monitor the progress of projects and ensure project deliverables are delivered on time, within budget and at the required level of quality.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders and service providers to identify activities leading to successful implementation of the project.
- Effectively manage project close-out tasks and transition to operations.
- Ensure all outstanding issues, risks, and action items are successfully closed.
- Create and maintain up to date and under version control all documentation related to the projects such as Project Plan, Statements of Work (SoW), prioritization and escalation processes, communication plan, risk log, issue log, decisions log, action items log, pending issues log, change request log, status report, dashboards, financial reports, lessons learned, and any other artifact associated to project management.
- Identify risks and work collaboratively with project team members on solutions to mitigate risks and/or resolve problems.
- Assist the Contracts Manager in the development of solicitations, evaluation of bidder proposals, contracting, and on-boarding of new service providers.
- Maintain vendor relations with regular status meetings, effective correspondence, periodic status reports, change orders, and conflict resolution.
- Manage payments to service providers including cost analysis; coordinate approval by internal stakeholders.
- Manage the overall project management budget and provide budget estimates for annual planning.
- Spearhead the elaboration of SoW.
- Become a mentor and Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the project management team.
- Deliver project management and training to the WCI, Inc. team.
- Perform other relevant tasks as assigned by the management team.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems/Technology, Business Administration or equivalent job experience.
- Solid understanding of IT software development industry standards and best practices.
- Deep knowledge of project management concept and methodologies including, but not limited to Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Proactive self-starter who is comfortable working in a highly collaborative environment with project teams from diverse backgrounds in different geographic locations.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills; able to present and provide project updates to the team, the vendors and the executive management team; excellent interpersonal skills; able to collaborate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with solid analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Demonstrated experience assembling, organizing, and analyzing information, extracting insights, and communicating findings to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple time-sensitive projects and must be flexible to adapt when priorities change.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office product suite (MS Office and 365, MS Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint, Access) as well as Jira and Confluence.
- Must have strong customer focused skills and possess a service and solution-oriented approach.
- Able to motivate and drive the team during the execution of the project.
- Ability to handle pressure situations with clarity, focus and professionalism.
- Fully proficient in English, in a professional IT environment.
- PMP or other project management certification desired but not required.
The IT Project Manager may need to travel for specific and well-defined business purposes.
About This Position
This is a full-time salary position that may be located in Sacramento, California or Quebec City, Quebec.
WCI, Inc. offers competitive salaries and benefits commensurate with qualifications and professional experience and is committed to equal employment opportunity.
For more information, visit our Website and Careers Page.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, including a summary of qualifications, and a resume in English in PDF format.