Western Climate Initiative, Inc.’s (WCI, Inc.) provides cost-effective technical and administrative solutions to support the development and implementation of our Participating Jurisdictions’ greenhouse gas emissions trading programs. Emissions trading is an approach to tackle climate change as it incentivizes innovative technology and economic growth while improving quality of life and promoting investments in clean, affordable energy. Through major technology investments, we enable our Participating Jurisdictions to build, use and maintain secure, reliable, and flexible IT systems and services.
The WCI, Inc. Contract Specialist acts as the key point of contact between WCI, Inc. and its vendors to create, negotiate and monitor contracts. The Contract Specialist works with technical and administrative staff to develop solicitations, support the procurement process, and negotiate contracts that reflect the interest of the corporation. The Contract Specialist also works with legal counsel when negotiating terms and conditions, ensures contract performance and rewrites or amends contracts as necessary. The successful candidate should have experience across a broad range of goods and services, particularly in information technology, software development and licensing, and cloud services.
- Conducts research prior to writing solicitations and contracts.
- Prepares solicitations for distribution to vendors.
- Develops, reviews, and implements, contracts, tools, and templates.
- Provides responses to proposals and contract negotiations.
- Supports vendor assessments and selection process to ensure vendor proposals provide best value for WCI, Inc.
- Analyzes all requirements and provisions in contracts, including terms and conditions, to ensure compliance with all laws and regulations and corporate policies and procedures.
- Ensures that contracts are executed in accordance with corporate guidelines.
- Builds relationships with vendors and maintains a detailed list of possible vendors that may be needed for any given situation.
- Contracts & Vendor Oversight
- Maintains a database of primary and secondary vendors for the corporation’s contract management system.
- Coordinates with technical and administrative staff to ensure correct billing and collection of contractual revenues.
- Monitors the performance of each signed contract.
- Ensures that business goals are accomplished by contract implementation.
- Prepares reports and dashboards on the status of contracts for management.
- Audits existing contracts and oversees contract modifications.
- Leads complex contract negotiations, manages all changes in and addendums to existing contracts, and ensures orderly contract close-out, as needed.
- Research & Analysis
- Ensures that contracts are inline with corporate goals and objectives.
- Conducts analysis of new laws, regulations, and contract trends to determine the potential impact on the business.
- Identifies potential improvements to existing policies.
- Perform other relevant tasks and conducts special projects as assigned.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration.
- Certified Commercial Contracts Manager (CCCM) designation through the National Contract Management Association or equivalent job experience.
- Any combination of experience working with information technology, governmental entities, financial services, or carbon markets.
- Possesses a strong business ethics and customer focused skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with solid analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possesses excellent presentation, persuasion, negotiation, and judgment skills.
- Has excellent technological knowledge and abilities.
- Exhibits strong mathematical, cost analysis, and project management abilities.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple time-sensitive deadlines, to be flexible and to adapt when priorities change, and to anticipate, communicate and mitigate potential issues or risks in a timely way.
- Must be enthusiastic, communicative, eager to learn and driven by a desire for continuous improvement.
- Ability to share knowledge and collaborate by developing content and documentation for distribution to other team members and managers.
- Proficient with Microsoft product suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Teams, etc.), collaborative software (e.g. SharePoint, Jira and Confluence), or other project management, financial reporting, and analytics tools such as Tableau.
- Fully proficient in English, in a professional environment.
About This Position
This is a full-time salary position that may be located in Sacramento, California (headquarter), Quebec City, Quebec (Satellite office) or remote (in United States or Quebec).
WCI, Inc. offers competitive salaries and benefits commensurate with qualifications and professional experience and is committed to equal employment opportunity.
For more information, visit our Website and Careers Page.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, including a summary of qualifications, and a resume in English in PDF format