At WCI, Inc., you can become part of a collaborative and dynamic team supporting the largest carbon market in North America and one of the largest in the world. WCI, Inc. is seeking an Information Technology (IT) Project Manager to plan, organize, manage, monitor, and coordinate the execution of assigned projects. The IT Project Manager is the primary liaison between the internal project team, the Participating Jurisdictions, and any external third-party service providers. They are accountable for the successful delivery of all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Facilitate planning sessions with internal stakeholders and service providers to define project scopes, determine objectives, and define success factors.
- Plan, sequence, and schedule projects.
- Collaborate with internal and external project team members to develop business requirements, use cases, and performance metrics.
- Create and maintain up to date and under version control documentation related to projects, including but not limited to project plans, statements of work, prioritization and escalation processes, communication plans, status reports, dashboards, financial reports, lessons learned, and other artifact associated with project management.
- Assist the IT Business Analysts and Quality Assurance partner to develop test cases and user acceptance testing plans.
- Manage project budgets and provide budget estimates for annual planning.
- Identify risks and work collaboratively with project team members on solutions to mitigate risks and/or resolve problems.
- Effectively manage project close-out tasks and the transition to operations.
- Assist the Contracts Specialists in the development of solicitations, evaluation of bidder proposals, and on-boarding of new service providers.
- Manage vendor relationships with regularly scheduled status meetings, invoice reviews and approvals, periodic status reports, change orders, and conflict resolution.
- Become a mentor and subject matter expert for the project management team.
- Perform other relevant tasks as assigned by the management team.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems/Technology, Business Administration, or equivalent job experience.
- Solid understanding of IT software development industry standards and best practices.
- Deep knowledge of project management concepts and methodologies.
- Proactive self-started who is comfortable working in a highly collaborative environment with project teams from diverse backgrounds in different geographic locations.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills; able to present and provide project updates to the team, vendors, and the executive management team; excellent interpersonal skills; able to collaborate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with solid analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Demonstrated experience assembling, organizing, and analyzing information, extracting insights, and communicating findings to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple time-sensitive projects and demonstrated flexibility to adapt when priorities change.
- Demonstrated proficiency with the Microsoft Office product suite (MS Office and 365, MS Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint, Access), Jira, and Confluence.
- Must have strong customer focused skills and possess a service and solution-oriented approach.
- Able to motivate and drive the team during the execution of the project.
- Ability to perform under pressure with clarity, focus, and professionalism.
- Fully proficient in English, in a professional IT environment.
- Desired PMP or other project management certification.
The IT Project Manager may need to travel for specific and well-defined business purposes.
About This Position
This is a full-time salary position that may be in Sacramento, California (headquarter) or Quebec City, Quebec (satellite office) or remote from California or Quebec.
WCI, Inc. offers competitive salaries and benefits commensurate with qualifications and professional experience and is committed to equal employment opportunity. For more information, visit our Website and Careers Page.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, including a summary of qualifications, and a resume in English in PDF format.